Recipe – Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Cucumber Salad Served with Saffron Rice
This recipe was put together with Mother’s Day meals in mind! Our merchants make it easy to add your favorite items to your Mercato cart and place an order for local delivery or pickup downtown! Order once from multiple merchants and simplify your celebrations!
· 1 clove of garlic, Mini-Super
· 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, Green Olive Company
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, Mini-Super
· 1 tbsp. minced red onions
· 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill or italian parsley, Mini-Super
· 1 tbsp. non pareil capers (optional)
· 1 cup of grape tomatoes sliced in half
· 1/2 cup of kirby or english cucumbers, unpeeled and sliced in rounds
· 1/4 tsp. pepper
· 1 lb. whole boneless skinless chicken breast split and butterflied, Park Street Poultry & Game
· 2 – 3 tbsps. extra virgin olive oil
· salt and pepper
SIDE DISH OPTION
Saffron Rice, Firdous Express
Bonny Doon – Vin Gris de Cigare – Rose, The Barrel and Bottle
Pineapple Rosemary Lemonade, Bubbles Tea & Juice Co.
Assorted Baklava, Wedding Cookies, Firdous Express
Start grill or grill pan and allow temperature to reach a medium high heat before cooking chicken.
Smash garlic clove with flat side of knife. Add salt and make a coarse paste by mashing garlic and salt together. Place the garlic paste in a medium mixing bowl and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, fresh dill or parsley, capers and pepper. Toss and sit aside to allow the vegetables to absorb all of the flavors.
Brush the butterflied chicken breasts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until grill marks appear turning once and chicken is cooked through.
Place grilled chicken on a serving platter and top with the tomato and cucumber salad. Add more olive oil, salt and pepper if so desired.
Serve over saffron rice from Firdous Express to complete meal.
Enjoy fresh, local, and authentic!