Recipe – Spicy Barbecue Glazed Shrimp with Vegetables & Orzo
This recipe was put together using in-season summer vegetables and fresh shrimp! Our merchants make it easy to add your favorite items to your Mercato cart and place an order for local delivery or pickup downtown! Order once from multiple merchants and simplify your celebrations!
· 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen, Coastal Local Seafood
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
· 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 cup orzo
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided, Green Olive Company
· 2-3 green onions thinly sliced for garnish, Mini-Super
· 1 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper, Mini-Super
· 1 lemon, wedges for garnish, Mini-Super
· 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini, Mini-Super
· 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, Flavor & Fire
Ponga – Sauvignon Blanc, The Barrel and Bottle
Chocolate Chip Cookie, The Pastry Factory
Brownie of the Day, The Pastry Factory
1). Place shrimp is a medium bowl. Combine parprika, garlic powder, oregano, pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture over the shrimp, mix to coat the shrimp and sit bowl aside.
2). Bring a saucepan of water to a boil and cook the orzo according to packaging directions. Drain orzo and return to the hot pot and cover to keep warm.
3). Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the red bell pepper, zucchini and celery. Cook until tender, but still crisp (about 5 minutes). Add tomatoes and cook until softened (about 2-3 minutes). Add the vegetables to the pot of orzo, add salt and stir to combine.
4). In the same skillet heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp, turning once, until opaque (about 5-6 minutes). Add barbecue sauce and stir until the shrimp are coated.
5). Serve the shrimp with the vegetable and orzo. Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
Enjoy fresh, local, and authentic!