Special Update to North Market Guests: Coronavirus Crisis
Posted Thursday, July 9, 2020.
In a continuing effort to keep everyone informed, we want to share the North Market policy for communicating positive COVID-19 tests. Click here to read North Market’s commitment regarding communicating positive tests and return-to-work policy.
We thank you for your continued support!
HOURS UPDATES (July)
Posted Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
North Market Hours of Operation have expanded. Effective July 1, the Market’s hours are:
- TUESDAY – SATURDAY: 9:00am – 6:00pm
- SUNDAY: 10:00am – 5:00pm
- MONDAY: CLOSED
North Market will be closing at 5:00pm on Friday, July 3 and will be CLOSED on Saturday, July 4.
In addition, merchants may alter their individual business hours by category. For example, fresh foods will be available at minimum from 10:00am – 4:00pm, bakery, specialty food & beverage merchants will be open at minimum till 4:00pm, and prepared foods will be open at minimum from 11:00am till 6:00pm.
Each merchant’s individual hours are now posted on the North Market website on their business pages. Find more detail at this link: Click here to check merchants’ hours at their individual pages.
HOURS & PARKING
Posted Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
North Market Hours of Operation effective Saturday, June 6, 2020:
Monday + Tuesday CLOSED
Additionally, North Market’s surface parking lot will return to regular operation on Saturday, June 6, 2020.
PICK UP BUNDLES
Posted Friday, May 15, 2020.
During the Coronavirus Crisis, North Market is now able to offer PICK UP of fresh food bundles once per week in collaboration with several of our merchants. Read more here.
Delivery bundles were a temporary solution during the pandemic and have been phased out. Stay tuned as we have a more permanent delivery solution in the works!
MASKS, HOURS, AND CAPACITY
Posted Friday, May 1, 2020.
Effective Saturday, May 2: In order to best protect our beloved community and prevent the spread of COVID-19, North Market is requiring all guests* wear a mask or face covering that covers the mouth and nose at all times while at North Market.
The CDC recommends that members of the public use masks or face coverings when in a public setting to slow the spread of the virus, since this will help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others. Wearing a mask or face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing. Please continue to observe established CDC social distancing guidelines while at North Market.
“Together with our merchants, and the understanding and cooperation of our guests, we can protect each other. Community support is essential to the future success of our merchant businesses,” said North Market’s Executive Director Rick Harrison Wolfe.
*This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 2 or to individuals who are unable to wear a mask or face covering due to a medical condition.
Please note: All North Market merchants and employees are required to wear a mask or face covering beginning Friday, May 1.
Updates to Hours of Operation:
Effective May 9: North Market hours of operation on Saturdays will expand to 10:00am-6:00pm (previously 11:00am-5:00pm). All other hours of operation will remain the same until further notice:
Monday + Tuesday CLOSED
Wednesday – Friday 11:00am-5:00pm
Effective May 1: Pursuant to the Governor’s Orders, maximum capacity is to be established at 50% of fire code. At North Market the updated maximum capacity is 200 guests.
Posted Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
Under Ohio’s Stay at Home Order first issued on March 23, 2020, and amended April 2, 2020, North Market is one of numerous “Essential Businesses and Operations.” North Market qualifies under multiple provisions of the Stay at Home Order. First, under section 12(b) of the Stay at Home Order, North Market is a store that sells groceries which specifically includes “other establishments engaged in the retail sales of” groceries, produce, meats, fish, fresh fruits, poultry, and prepared foods among other items. Second, under section 12(o) of the Stay at Home Order the North Market contains “restaurants or other facilities that prepare and serves food” for off-site consumption. As an Essential Business and Operation, under section 2 of the Stay at Home Order, North Market is “encouraged to remain open” and “shall comply with Social Distancing Requirements.”
Steps that have been taken to comply with Social Distancing Requirements include, but are not limited to, discontinuing dine-in service, closing public seating areas, posting signs on the door indicating maximum occupancy in our 22,000 square foot facility is 50 guests, placing decals and other reminders on the floor to maintain at least six feet apart, the liberal placement of hand sanitizer with all merchants, reminder to wash hands for 20 seconds, and frequent cleaning of high touch surfaces.
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Updates to Hours of Operation:
- Effective Wednesday, March 25, North Market hours of operation will be 11:00AM – 5:00PM, Wednesday through Sunday, until further notice.
- North Market will be closed Mondays and Tuesdays until further notice.
Posted Monday, March 23, 2020.
During the Coronavirus Crisis, North Market is now able to offer delivery of fresh food bundles once per week in collaboration with Coastal Local Seafood. Read more here.
NEW HOURS AND PARKING INFO:
Posted Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Updates to Hours of Operation and Parking:
•Effective Friday, March 20, North Market hours of operation will be 11:00AM – 6:00PM, 7 days a week during the crisis.
•Effective Friday, March 20, the North Market surface parking lot will be free of charge, 7 days a week during the crisis.
North Market offers daily social media and website updates that list the specific merchants that are open and if they have differing hours of operation as these are constantly evolving. North Market advises customers to call ahead to check on hours and availability of product.
COVID-19 SITUATION UPDATE:
Posted Sunday, March 15, 2020.
North Market is complying with the Governor’s order to remove dine-in service by instituting the following, effective Monday, March 16:
- North Market’s mezzanine seating area is now closed to the public.
- All other public seating and dine-in sections are now closed, including counter seating.
- Merchants will continue to offer carry-out and several do offer delivery options.
The community relies on the provisions and offerings that North Market merchants provide. Our goal is to keep these options available to our community as long as it is safe to do so. Thank you for your understanding and support.
Your North Market
Special Update to North Market Guests:
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2020. Updated Friday, March 13, 2020.
North Market Development Authority (NMDA) and the businesses that call the market home are closely monitoring the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation. By working together, market leadership and merchants can provide a clean and safe visitor experience. North Market is committed to taking every precaution and are following the recommendations provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Columbus Public Health department, and the Ohio Department of Health. Here are some updates we’d like to share:
- North Market is open to guests and we plan to remain open as long as it is safe to do so and as long as it is still recommended by local government and public health officials.
- At this time, some merchants may offer abbreviated hours or may close based on the nature of their business. When planning your trip, if you would like to visit a specific merchant we recommend reaching out beforehand to confirm they’ll be open! If you are planning to visit North Market, feel free to confirm our hours of operation with us directly before your visit. As of today, our regular hours still apply. If this changes, North Market will provide an updated announcement via social media and on our website.
- North Market is committed to taking every precaution and are following the recommendations provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Columbus Public Health department, and the Ohio Department of Health.
- North Market has added more signage throughout the Market reminding guests and merchants of proper hand-washing procedures.
- North Market has enhanced the cleaning regimen by thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all high-touch areas of the Market more frequently.
- North Market Merchants will continue to strictly follow all local public health guidelines, safety protocols, and best practices, including guidance from ServSafe.
- North Market Merchants and staff are committed to helping prevent the spread of illness by washing hands frequently, covering coughs/sneezes, staying home when sick, and avoiding exposure to others who are sick.
How To Stay Informed
For more information and to track progress of coronavirus, please visit:
- Ohio Department of Public Health: coronavirus.ohio.gov
- Columbus Public Health: columbus.gov/coronavirus
Additional information on Coronavirus/COVID-19, including health tips, news updates, and other resources is available via Columbus Public Health Monday through Friday at 614-645-1519, or the Ohio Department of Health call center seven days a week from 9am to 8pm at 833-427-5634. We will share any changes in a timely manner. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns: 614-463-9664 or info@localhost.